CONVEYOR BELT SYSTEMS AND STS FRICTION
Ceramic pulley linings manufactured by STS Friction – sophisticated technologies for optimum economy.
Ultimate economy, productivity and maximum system availability are the basic requirements for operating successfully in the market. Particularly when it comes to material handling technology, it is important to match a high throughput capacity with maximum operational reliability and to minimise maintenance times.
With its STS 4000 material, STS Friction GmbH is an efficient and creative partner to meet exactly these customer requirements. STS 4000 ceramic drive-pulley lining is the optimum overall solution for conveyor belt systems and offers the following outstanding properties.
SPECIFIC SPECIFICATIONS CHARACTERISTICS
- Reduced downtimes enable maximum system availability
- Maximum belt capacity utilisation coupled with extended belt life expectancy on account of reduced belt tension
- Trouble-free operation due to high resistance to atmospheric conditions as well as thermal, mechanical and chemical influencing factors
- Optimum robustness prevents belt slippage and overheating
OUR RENOLIN® PROCESS ALSO PERMITS A MARKED REDUCTION IN SERVICING TIMES. THE KEY ADVANTAGES ARE AS FOLLOWS
- We deliver a significant reduction in maintenance and operating costs
- Your conveyor system runs smoothly and extremely efficiently – including in the mining industry
- We have extended the life expectancy by up to three times in comparison with rubber linings
STS 4000 – A SUMMARY OF THE APPLICATİON PROFILE:
- Particularly high coefficient of friction
- Enormous wear resistance
- High dimensional stability
- Outstanding running properties under emergency conditions
- Extensive application temperature range
- Thermal, mechanical and chemical resistance
- Optimum weather resistance
- Lining repair or replacement using our RenoLin®process – can of course also be carried out on site
- With ATEX approval these products can also be relied on for mining-industry applications
INFLUENCE OF THE PULLEY LINING’S COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION
COEFFICIENTS OF FRICTION BETWEEN RUBBER BELT AND DRIVE PULLEYS
ADVANTAGES OF STS 4000 FOR REDUCING THE OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE COSTS
The service life is up to three times that of rubber linings
Prevention of belt slippage and overheating
Pulley life is extended by using RenoLin®to repair or replace the lining
ADVANTAGES OF THE HIGH COEFFICIENTS OF FRICTION OF STS 4000. THE FOLLOWING FEATURES PROTECT THE CONVEYOR BELTS AND EXTEND THE SERVICE LIFE OF THE BELTS
Reduction of belt pre-tension by up to 87 %
Reduction of required belt connection strength by up to 51 %
Reduction of required belt tensile force by up to 87 %
Increase in bearing life as a result of load reduction by up to 87 %
Directly bonded to pulley
Indirectly attached by bonding to the lining base, which is screwed or welded onto the pulley
Cylindrical or crowned shape in standard thicknesses of 10 mm,
12 mm, 15 mm as well as customised thicknesses starting from 8 mm
AREAS OF APPLICATION
In rubber-belt conveyor systems for all types of drive, take-up and tail pulleys, even under wet and loamy-wet operational conditions
The material key data shown here were ascertained on the basis of STS Friction test methods. In our experience the maximum values shown here cannot always be achieved simultaneously in a particular application.
Given the wide range of applications, types of use and technical conditions, we recommend that, if appropriate, the material should be subjected to practical tests to determine its suitability.
For technical questions relating to your application conditions please contact our technical advisers and engineers.
ATTACHMENT OPTIONS AND DESIGN OF LINING BASES / IRON PANS
STS 4000 DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BONDED WITH AND WITHOUT LINING BASES